Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone familiar with this lens Tamron (Nikon AF) 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD ?

(Aug 13, 2015, 13:32)Phil J Wrote:  Hi Kelly,

Here is a simplified solution to your dilemma.

A high quality lens, on a moderate price camera body will produce superior results over that of an expensive camera body fitted with a moderate quality lens. So, always go for the highest quality lens which you can afford. A high quality lens you will tend to keep for many years, whilst camera bodies you will tend to change as the specification/facilities offered are improved/updated. Indeed, Nikon tend to bring out new models of body very eighteen months to two years. The real plus with Nikon though is that older lenses of exceptional quality will fit and work on the newer bodies. So, investment in quality glass is never wasted. In fact it might be worthwhile spending time investigating the possibility of pre-used high quality lenses which are Nikon fit.

No doubt in a couple of years you will want to upgrade your camera body and it is a comfort to know that the (in particular) FX (full frame) lenses which will work happily with your current body, will also work with a full frame body if you elect to purchase one, as they are designed for full frame/35mm sizes.

As regards to your portraiture. What size of prints are you required to supply your customers? I shoot with a Nikon D300 which is a 12.3 megapixel cropped sensor body. Have a look at some of my stuff on here if you like, or Peter: 'Plantsman' uses the same, so take a look at some of his stuff. From my personal experience the resultant images are easily capable of being printed at A2 size without any special Post Processing being needed. So images for posting on-line are no problem at all.

You cannot go wrong with high quality glass. It's your call of course, as it's your money you're spending. However, in my experience and opinion, good glass before new bodies.

Best regards.

Phil.

Incredibly helpful, thank you for taking the time Phil Smile

Very tempted by this Tamron seems to meet all my needs.

Many thanks
Kelly

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone familiar with this lens Tamron (Nikon AF) 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD ? - by Lindy - Aug 14, 2015, 03:26

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post