Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone familiar with this lens Tamron (Nikon AF) 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD ?

(Aug 5, 2015, 03:05)Lindy Wrote:  Hello All
Been agonising over whether to take the plunge and buy this lens Tamron (Nikon AF) 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD. I have the Nikon d3100 and have only ever bought Nikon lenses. So I wondered if anyone has this lens and as a result would not recommend it. I like the fact it's F2.8 all the way as opposed to the Nikon which is only F2.8 at 24mm. I would like to use it for family portraits. Any advice much appreciated.
Thank you
Lindy

The A007 model of this Tamron lens is excellent. The 2.8 aperture will do you well for portraits. I do own this lens and use it as a Professional Sports Photographer in Florida, USA. In my particular genre it is not my most used piece of glass but definitely deserving of being in my equipment bag. I do use Nikon (D3s) equipment and own Nikon, Tamron and Sigma glass. All do a great job with the higher quality lenses. Your D-3100 will show lots of improvement with this quality lens. Because it is a DX lens it will never outgrow your eventual body upgrades. In general, Tamron has come a long way in quality. If you are still in doubt try renting it if possible and compare with what you are currently using.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone familiar with this lens Tamron (Nikon AF) 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD ? - by Jimbo9948 - Aug 17, 2015, 08:10

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post