Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

low light photography using Canon D750

(Sep 15, 2015, 11:00)Browser Mike Wrote:  Hi Uli,
I might have this wrong but others, no doubt, would be able to correct me if that is so.
To access bulb mode, you need to decrease your shutter speed to its lowest possible setting. Once you have gone past the lowest setting your camera's LCD should say 'bulb' as your shutter speed. Your shooting mode must be in 'Manual' or 'Shutter Priority' to achieve this.
Once you are in bulb mode, you simply press the shutter button to open the shutter, and then you press it again to close the shutter. The duration of the exposure is completely up to you. Minutes or hours.
Be warned--- Bulb mode can drain the batteries quickly. The length of exposure can be determined by how long the battery will last.
Best of luck,
Mike.

Just noticed that I have missed something out !. On bulb, when you press the shutter button, hold the button down, and release the button when you wish to close the shutter. Apologies.
On my Nikon there is also TIME setting. With this you press the shutter release to start the exposure. The shutter will remain open for 30 minutes or until the button is pressed a second time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: low light photography using Canon D750 - by Browser Mike - Sep 16, 2015, 00:17

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post