Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How did you start out in Photography?

I was trawling through some old digitised images, on a CD I came across, and in among them was one of my earliest photographs. It is my brother and grandmother, taken back in 1960.

I was 12 at the time and I had persuaded my father to let me use the family camera, a Coronet Flashmaster, circa 1954.
(I Googled it and found this image.}

I used this camera (very sparingly as I could neither afford film or processing) until I was about 16. I then graduated to another Coronet, this time 127 film size, here seen in my daughter's hands in the 1970's.

And that was me until I joined the Merchant Navy, in 1966, and bought my first "real" camera (one with shutter speeds and f numbers), a Halina Rolls.

Once I was into the black magic of photography I progressed to a Yashica Minister III, a Practika Super TL, and eventually to a Nikon EM. The EM was the death of serious photography for me, as I couldn't afford glass for it. Eventually the door seal perished and I gave up, only to find digital a couple of years later. I started with a Fuji S602 before moving on to my current stable. Photography has always been about recording images for me. Never really about art. I don't have the eye or the inclination for arty shots.
How did you start out?
John T.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Messages In This Thread
How did you start out in Photography? - by Jocko - Nov 16, 2015, 02:11

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post