Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Editing Software, what do you use?

I take all my images in raw format, other than the cameras that don't have raw (Dimage Z3 and phone). I then transfer them onto the laptop using Lightroom and Lightroom does my cataloguing. I do the initial conversion to 16 bit ProPhoto RGB using Lightroom. From there on I work solely with 16 bit tiff files. I only convert files to sRGB, 8 bit, JPEG, for posting on the net of for general viewing. The bulk of my images were taken as JPEG, as I am a fairly recent convert to raw, and those images are not catalogued in Lightroom. I use ACDSee for them.
All the work I do, from recent images, is done from Lightroom using Nik plugins, or if required, Photoshop.
My camera is set for no noise reduction and no sharpening. Lightroom too is set with noise reduction and sharpening off. I use Nik for my noise reduction and raw sharpening.
Nothing I do is for anyone other than myself. I do not sell images or do any commercial work, so my workflow suits my quantity of work. I enjoy post processing. I do not want to speed it up.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Photo Editing Software, what do you use? - by Jocko - Mar 28, 2016, 09:34

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59
Last Post by Sabion
Jun 12, 2020, 03:35