Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to Land your First Wedding Gig

(Apr 12, 2017, 11:03)EdMak Wrote:  Chris, I have only taken 3 weddings since I retired 16 years ago, (but well over 2000 before then). The first was causal at a relations wedding, this was the £4000 job. I amazed myself by taking about 180 pics. I spent about a week editing them, bit slow, and gave them all on a disc. Unfortunately, his disc arrived about the same time,  so a double family viewing evening was arranged, I was not there, about 10/12 from memory were. I was voted unanimously  the better. His "Formal" groups, were, go and stand over there, no positioning of anybody. Bride on husband's left, on father's right giving away, no mention of where hands should be, or, not be, no arranging of brides train, and a lot more, must be the modern way, I'm stuck in the distant past. His informal pics with buildings behind, showed it canting about 35 degrees, mine's were straight, as they should be. Bride's mother did write to him.
The other 2 were friends, could not say no. One was on a rainy day, not so easy as  all taken indoors, I own no special equipment, however both were happy. They were both in the same town about 20 miles from where I lived.  I am not in the phone book, but in the following 2 months has 5 phone calls asking about weddings. Declined.  Age, circumstances, common sense, dictates this.  
I gave them both 6 Discs, and told them I was deleting all from computer, The relation's one I put on 3/4 Computers, and then eventually deleted from mine. So have none to post.   I did put one or two on here, along with other pics, some time ago.
The only paid work I did was, before and after, some remedial work concerning water inspection underground chambers, exciting. Did not want paid, was for my son's firm, but it was paid by the contractor. Was given £500. Very happy.

Rambling finished.  Ed.
Ed,

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your ramblings. You provide interesting detail and incites into the past. 

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Land your First Wedding Gig - by MrB - Apr 10, 2017, 15:44
RE: How to Land your First Wedding Gig - by washington1775 - Apr 12, 2017, 11:08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post