Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some people dont like cameras ; what to do when their in front of yours?

Good day to you all!

Sharing some tricks of the trade;
how to make people who are in front of you're camera, but don't want to be there,  laugh?

This happens a lot when you have to shoot business-portraits or company-pictures; 
there are always a few people who hate it but their supervisor tells them they have to as they need pictures for the new website. 

[Image: total.jpg]

All these women hated to be on pictures.

Ive noticed I do a little routine, which I think is a combination of things I've seen other photographers do and copy that. 
Basically you always, of course, shake their hand and introduce and try to break the ice as fast as possible.
You give them information on what you're doing there and how they can get out of this situation as fast as possible.
The most important thing is to have fun, to laugh (even though there's nothing really funny) people copy laughing automatically, talk about stuff like holidays, the weekend, vacations, the sun (if its good weather outside) and joke and goof around.
Often I peek over my camera with a funny face or huge smile which always works for another shot.

This seems to work with most people, but somehow there are always people who are a lot tougher. 
So that is what I ask you guys; do you have any tricks you use? Do you keep it serious or do you goof and dance around like a clown when you have these commissioned jobs where people have to laugh into the camera although they hate it?

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Feb 8, 2017, 15:35