Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How many risk would you take for the 'perfect shot .

(May 11, 2017, 07:41)GerbenG Wrote:  Hi everybody!
Yesterday a friend of mine mentioned the death of a young guy who slipped and fell from a crane he was climbing, just to get a beautiful shot. Now I know many of us are badass; i lie around in the dirt or climb and balance on unstable tables and chairs all the time.
Here a google search with great pictures of how weird photographers can get

But when do thing go to far? When he told me the story I automatically thought about Joe Mcnally:
[Image: ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.rd.com%2Frd%2Fim...-01-af.jpg]
And the story he tells about this shot and getting high

What do you guys think? And what is the furthest you've gone to get 'the perfect shot' ?
A picture is not worth your life. I shot for the Coast Guard in Alaska for a number of years and I never accepted an assignment that put my life at risk. Yes, sometimes I was unknowingly in a dangerous situation and didn't realize it until after the fact and avoided those instances in the future. Once I was photographing a Coast Guard member changing a lens on a light aboard a Coast Guard cutter. He was a 100 feet above me. Not thinking I moved under him to get the perfect shot. I took one step to the side to adjust my camera and a 8 pound lens came falling through the air and shattering by my feet. If I had not stepped to the side that lens would have killed me instantly. I never put myself in a risky situation after that.I got lucky.  

Chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post