Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thinking about going Mirrorless

Last year I tried a Sony mirrorless APS-C for several months. There were aspects of the EVF that were pleasant to experience but I still generally prefer the real view through a DSLR. Other than the EVF, I liked the tilting screen, but the small light body just didn't gel with me. For the same sensor format, the DSLR just feels better balanced in the hands when similar focal lengths are used, as the lenses tend to dwarf the mirrorless bodies. Therefore I was delighted to exchange the Sony and upgrade to the Pentax K-70; typical of every Pentax it is weather-sealed, its ergonomics are perfect, and it has a fully articulated screen. I also have a Lumix LX100 compact camera to carry any where and any time. For pursuing my hobby of photography I will be happier to continue using a DSLR until I become too frail to hold it. However, I would have thought that a DSLR with a hybrid viewfinder would be a real hit with many photographers - I hope that they are being developed and will appear soon.

Cheers.
Philip

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about going Mirrorless - by GerbenG - May 19, 2017, 07:57
RE: Thinking about going Mirrorless - by MrB - May 21, 2017, 18:25

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post