Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Means.....

I have been a member of DPReview for many years; usually frequenting the Sony Alpha sections, as these are the cameras I mainly use. I have posted there many hundreds of times over the years, but I rarely return to it these days, as I have seen and experienced much bullying and infighting in recent years. It used to be a much friendlier place than it is today, in my humble opinion. Perhaps some of the other individual DPReview groups are better behaved than the Sony sections are?

Nia, you need not be too concerned as to whether any of these forums are for "professional" photographers; the vast majority of the best photographers I have ever come to know in my life are not professionals at all, myself included. I believe the term "professional" simply refers to someone who makes a living by, or at least profits from, their photography. I, like most others in these forums, are doing this strictly as a hobby; the sheer joy and satisfaction of taking pictures. Many years ago I was indeed selling some of my work, (I was selling series of six 8"x12" unframed prints for $1,000) but once it became a business to me, it very quickly was no longer enjoyable for me, so I stopped my sales and returned to it being just an interesting hobby for me once again.

And Nia, hopefully we will be seeing you posting many of your own photos right here on ShutterTalk, and who knows, perhaps we will bump into each other over at DPReview one day. And I hope you will try using ImgBB.com to quickly and easily post your images on any of these forums.

Attached, are a couple photos of lions which we had the privilege of viewing up close while on safari in Murchison Falls National Park in Northern Uganda during our most recent trip there. What a beautiful country and wonderful people. My wife and I hope to return one day soon! We have been actively involved in charity work in Africa for a great many years; mainly supporting Ugandan children who have been orphaned as a result of the HIV/AIDS pandemic. 

OK, now I am going to check out Philip's other posts on here! Let's all keep posting, folks!

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC04596a1500-1280x1280.jpg]

[Image: DSC04606a1500-1280x1280.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
What Means..... - by nia - Apr 3, 2019, 00:20
RE: What Means..... - by nia - Apr 4, 2019, 00:45
RE: What Means..... - by MrB - Apr 4, 2019, 06:31
RE: What Means..... - by nia - Apr 4, 2019, 08:18
RE: What Means..... - by camperbc - Apr 4, 2019, 11:01
RE: What Means..... - by nia - Apr 4, 2019, 11:19
RE: What Means..... - by MrB - Apr 5, 2019, 00:25