Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another topic got me thinking.....

I'm still trying to sort out how I want to deal with the photos I take... I was never much of a shutterbug before digital precisely because it seemed silly to have hundreds of prints in a shoebox that you never see... photo albums are just too much darn work... the answer? I dunno...

The appeal of digital for me is this:

I can share my photos almost in real time (recently, I spent an afternoon shooting a buddy's we lad -- burned a CD for them before I left)

I can share my photos with many people at once - wherever they are. Shutterfly, Photobucket and email allow me to share my life with anyone...

As a hobbyist genealogist/historian, however, there is a serious problem... how to decide what photos will be important/interesting to those who come after me? What is the best way to preserve them? I have a suitcase (yes, a suitcase!) of old family photos... most have no labelling at all -- my Mom and I are going through them to figure out who's who... There has to be a better way! For me, the web is the answer... The web development community is obsessed with backward compatibility which addresses Toad's beta and 8-track concerns... I'm sure yet how the web can achieve reliable photo-archiving but I'm working on it....

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Messages In This Thread
Another topic got me thinking..... - by jericho - Apr 12, 2005, 10:56
Another topic got me thinking..... - by Toad - Apr 12, 2005, 14:48
Another topic got me thinking..... - by jericho - Apr 12, 2005, 15:37
Another topic got me thinking..... - by Toad - Apr 12, 2005, 16:29
Another topic got me thinking..... - by jericho - Apr 13, 2005, 16:40
Another topic got me thinking..... - by loopy - Apr 13, 2005, 18:29
Another topic got me thinking..... - by Cailean - Apr 13, 2005, 18:35