Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Panorama software

Kombisaurus Wrote:oooo yes! Thanks for this post Polly.

I am going on a little trip to the Kimberley region of Western Australia next month for a wedding (the north western corner of Australia - very remote but beautiful).

I had a Sigma 10-22mm ultra-wide zoom lens on order which I was really hoping to get in time for the trip for some spectacular landscape shots, but it seems sigma are having problems manufacturing these lenses and they have been delayed yet again. So I had to cancel my order. I was feeling sorry for myself, but most of the shots I will be taking will be fairly static landscapes, so stitching them together should work fine.
Some good photo-stitching software could well be my saviour for getting the wide-angles I'll be wanting.

You should be ok 'autostitching' for some good landscapes. the software will be able to handle, for example a block of 12 shot maybe 4 horizontal and 3 vertical, or even 5 x 4 ....... which means you can get more foreground and sky. That's the advantage of this particular software's ability to stitch eg 3 rows stitched on top of each other.

Be aware of cloud movement. If they're blowing along rapidly that can cause some ghosting in the final pano stitching, so it's something to consider when framing the shots.

You have time before the wedding trip to experiment so have some fun and see how it goes. Smile

Polly

Messages In This Thread
Panorama software - by Polly - Jun 21, 2005, 02:36
Panorama software - by slejhamer - Jun 21, 2005, 04:42
Panorama software - by Polly - Jun 21, 2005, 06:25
Panorama software - by Polly - Jun 21, 2005, 06:29
Panorama software - by Kombisaurus - Jun 21, 2005, 13:03
Panorama software - by EnglishBob - Jun 21, 2005, 16:27
Panorama software - by Polly - Jun 22, 2005, 01:36

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sabion