Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

stabiloboss @ home today.

I am not working today. By work, I mean I am not in the office doing the job which I am currently employed in. I am at home. No, I am not sick or ill. I haven't been struck down by anything that would cause me to be debilitated and incapable of going to work.

So why am I at home, you ask? Well, it's plain and simple really. I'm tired! Physically that is. I feel exhausted and I simply couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning because all I wanted to do was sleep in. For most of my life, I have been a "morning person". So this is unusual for me.

No, I don't have any major gripes about work. (Although I have been fairly busy lately). Yes, I exercise, eat a healthy diet and like to look after my body.
No, I don't drink alcohol, smoke or do drugs.
No, I don't have chronic fatigue either.

I just didn't want to go to work today because I'm tired and feel the need to rest.
Is there anything wrong with that? Why is my mind riddled with guilt? Is it because our company doesn't pay for "tired-leave"...only "annual" and "sick leave"? And knowing I have to put in my timesheet that my absence was for "sick leave"...leaves me with a slightly guilty conscience because the reality is, I'm not really medically sick. Just tired, in need of a break. I just know that if I went to work today instead of staying @ home to rest, I won't be performing my job to the best of my ability because I'm not quite all there mentally or physically. On the contrary, I sincerely believe that if I take a well deserved rest today, I will be "back on the ball" tomorrow at work, at optimum performance.

I'm sure the majority of us have taken "illegitimate sickies" at some point in time.
Sick leave is a benefit given to us by our employers to take at our own discretion. Is it wrong to a 'sickie' to simply allow our bodies to rest?

Messages In This Thread
stabiloboss @ home today. - by stabiloboss - Aug 11, 2004, 19:59
stabiloboss @ home today. - by de_axeman - Aug 11, 2004, 20:44
stabiloboss @ home today. - by stabiloboss - Aug 11, 2004, 21:22
stabiloboss @ home today. - by de_axeman - Aug 12, 2004, 00:35

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 2, 2012, 05:19