Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which piece of equipment is next for you?

Adam, skip the light meter. I bought one when I picked up my first studio light, and have hardly ever used it, and have never needed it. I didn't buy a fancy one, but it was money that I could have used elsewhere. Perhaps if I had a high-end setup with pocketwizards I'd use one of the meters that syncs with them, but even then I doubt it. It's just too easy, and too useful, to take an exposure and check the histogram. Using studio lights with film, they'd use meters and still take test polaroids. Digital combines both perfectly.

Shawn, renting is an excellent choice. "Unfortunately" nobody near me rents Olympus gear, so I've had to buy the basic range. I've heard of some people who don't actually own any equipment, and rent the camera and lenses they need for each shoot. (I'll admit that I just love owning the stuff, but it would be nice to be able to rent the mega-glass that I really can't justify.)

I've discovered that my camera can fire its on-board flash as well as triggering a second flash from its PC socket, so I now know that my next purchase will be a PC-to-hotshoe cable.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Messages In This Thread
Which piece of equipment is next for you? - by matthew - Apr 30, 2007, 19:10

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post