Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nokia N95 Camera-Phone - First Impressions

Hi

I have a Canon 10D, which I love and have been holding off for the 40D release to upgrade, as well as the N95, and more and more I find that I don't want to lug the 10D around because the N95 is sufficient. For holiday trips and such, sure, I will bring the 10D, but for day-to-day use, for me, the N95 camera quality has surpassed the threshold of being "good enough".

I am realizing that for me, cameras serve two purposes. On one side, there is "art". For this, the DSLR certainly is more flexible and capable (though there is something to be said for the creativity imposed on one by using lesser cameras with fewer features). On the other side, is the capturing and documentation of your life. These two things overlap, but this latter purpose is where for me the N95 really shines.The thing that I find really exciting is the geotagging and posting possibilities made possible by such software as zonetag and shozu.
The recent firmware upgrade to the n95 has made the internal gps very usable, and I love the fact that almost every picture I take will be stamped not only with when it was taken, but the exact longitude and latitude where it was taken, and if you want, instantly posted to flickr.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post