Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picture Project / In Touch

Hey Jo, welcome!

I know it can all be very daunting but hang in there, and it will pay off in time!

I'm a Nikon user too, and I used Picture Project a little, but moved on to something else and haven't kept up to date so I can't answer those technical questions unfortunately.

Just a bit of explanation regarding Photoshop and Picture Project - they're two different types of applications - the first is an image editing application, where you do heavy editing of your photos, usually one at a time. The second is an image management application, which is used to manage, sort, albumize your collection of photos so you can access your favourites easily. Other examples of image management software are (in order of decreasing ease of use) picasa, adobe photoshop elements, adobe lightroom, etc.

To start of with, I would suggest Picasa as an image management application - it's pretty simple and straightforward, allows you to make quick edits and has a few sharing options - e.g. via email or google's picasa web albums. The second thing I like about picasa is that it is non-destructive - i.e. if you edit your photos, the originals are not modified in any way, and you can always revert changes. In the same manner, if you decide to delete the program, it should leave your photos in their original location. All programs should do this.

Hope that helps - feel free to ask more questions...

Julian

Messages In This Thread
Picture Project / In Touch - by jomarie10 - Jun 8, 2008, 08:58
Picture Project / In Touch - by NT73 - Jun 8, 2008, 15:39
Picture Project / In Touch - by shuttertalk - Jun 8, 2008, 17:28

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post