Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bought an LCD monitor recently? What's a good one for photo editing?

My CRT monitor (Mitsubishi diamond pro 930) has taken ill and needs to be replaced. I got it because it was rated highly for photo editing, and it was, but I had hoped it would last more than 4 years. Disappointed.

Right now I've got a Dell 1703FP on loan from work, but it's a horrible piece of junk. Brightness is not even across the screen (dimmer in the corners) and resolution is crud. Photos look terrible. Even my wife commented on the poor quality, and she usually takes the "well it's good enough" attitude.

So I'm looking for a good LCD monitor, hoping that quality has improved greatly over the past few years. I'd probably like a 22-inch wide-screen or a 19/20" regular screen. Have any of you been shopping recently and found something good? For less than US$500? (I've been steered to Eizo but those are way to spendy.) Or are CRTs still a better option, despite being hard to find nowadays?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Messages In This Thread
Bought an LCD monitor recently? What's a good one for photo editing? - by slejhamer - Sep 16, 2008, 17:44

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59
Last Post by Sabion
Jun 12, 2020, 03:35