Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bought an LCD monitor recently? What's a good one for photo editing?

HI,

If you can find one of THESE at a reasonable price, grab it.

Best Buy had a Christmas sale on the Sony PS 3D 23" monitor which originally cost $400. I picked it up for $150.

So that is the monitor I have now, and it is very sharp, but not quite as sharp for photo editing as my old Samsung 215-TW.

It is a true professional monitor (and should be since I paid over $400 for it). I gave it to my brother along with the old system and sort of regret it now.

One issue I did not see mentioned besides RAM, is that your video card can make a big difference in the view.

Since I have an Intel i7-3930 6 core processor, 32 GBs of Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram, and a 3 GB Radeon XFX 7900 Video card, nothing really affects my processing of RAW files.

One issue I have discovered in the past, is that for most LCD manufacturers, the serial numbers can be researched to find out where it was made.

Consumer reports show the same model monitor made in Mexico rather than China can often have pixelation and other defects much more frequently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bought an LCD monitor recently? What's a good one for photo editing? - by Pegger3D - Sep 18, 2014, 22:13

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59
Last Post by Sabion
Jun 12, 2020, 03:35