Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First Impressions - Panasonic GF1 with 14-140mm and 20mm lenses

Kombisaurus Wrote:One of the great things about the GF1 with 20mm lens mounted is that it will fit into a jacket pocket.

BUT... that doesn't mean you need to start carrying bags around everywhere.
I don't really find this is the case - the GF-1 / 20 in a jacket pocket is too big and lumpy for my tastes. I carry that combo in the Kata AP-326 with a shoulder strap. This is a low encumbrance solution that I don't find an issue to carry around even when I am not actively out to take photos - it also lives easily in my briefcase when I am not on foot.

These pictures show how it works. On the left, the 326.is shown with an Olympus EP-2, but the GF-1 fits equally well. On the right, the somewhat larger AP-325 pouch is shown in shoulder bag mode. I find the smaller AP-326 and the GF-1 with 20 mm mounted is a great street rig. I can fit the EVF in the outer zipper pocket - but it isn't a great fit (the EP-2's EVF doesn't fit at all).

[Image: 326.jpg]

You can also attach the pouch to your belt if you don't like shoulder straps. I prefer the strap.

Messages In This Thread
First Impressions - Panasonic GF1 with 14-140mm and 20mm lenses - by Toad - Jun 24, 2010, 08:47

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post