Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First Impressions - Panasonic GF1 with 14-140mm and 20mm lenses

Absolutely stonking and so peachily useful and practical..gosh, this really lifts the bar on what a review should be. And I can almost hear Toad salivating from here!
Yet again I find the GF1+20mm+EVF combo going increasingly cheaply over here, and yet again I so, so nearly went for it.
D'you know, IF I was starting out afresh and with no "history" of owning digital, my kit would have to be both the Nikon D700 + 14-24mmG, and the GF1+20mm+EVF..just because!
Brilliant on adapters there too Adrian..again, so utterly useful and practical.
70-200f2.8 hanging off the front of it!! Big Grin Big Grin You'd be holding it like a bazooka I reckon!
Toad, I have more than an inkling that our Tamron 90mm macro will be stonkingly good on this camera, remembering its ripping performance on 1.6(350D)...yet I wonder if there are good adapters and not so good ones.
Thanks so much for this.
PS: Am I right in thinking that one is restricted to shooting at widest(home) aperture with the EOS converter?(And, is this the case with all MTF-EOS adapters?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Messages In This Thread
First Impressions - Panasonic GF1 with 14-140mm and 20mm lenses - by Zig - Jul 9, 2010, 13:41

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post