Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flickr is dead, all hail Google Plus

(Oct 24, 2012, 08:44)kNox Wrote:  I don't know if this fits here, but between Flickr and Google Plus the one I like best is... 500px. It's a smaller Flickr-type site, and it's got better photos and a much tighter community, IMHO.

You're right about 500px, but it's also really hard to get noticed there because the community is already formed or, at least, that's the impression I got from submitting there. Maybe I'm wrong...

Well, it really depends on what you want from such a community. For example, I'm only an amateur photographer and I don't have very high aspirations, so I'm glad for the couple of comments I get for a photo. Big Grin

(Oct 25, 2012, 04:32)kNox Wrote:  Well, it really depends on what you want from such a community. For example, I'm only an amateur photographer and I don't have very high aspirations, so I'm glad for the couple of comments I get for a photo. Big Grin

You're probably right and I believe it depends aswell on the genre of photography that one works with Smile

After a not-so-thorough review of various sites, I've opened a flickr account and started uploading my snapshots there. It's probably the easiest to use for general stuff like that, and the uploader is super fast. I don't like the white flickr background though, and two clicks to get to the gray "lightroom" is too much.

"Be not the first by whom the new is tried nor yet the last to lay the old aside."...if anyone knows who originally said that, I'd love to know but my grandfather repeated it so many times I'll never forget it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post