Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Post Processing Workflow

As of yesterday, I've started using a 'system' of sorts... (no pun intended!)

First, I created a 'Lumix' folder in 'My Pictures' where I keep all my originals - to separate them from other pics I accumulate.

Within the Lumix folder, I have several 'themed' folders that I dump my pics into frm the camera. Usually, I have to create a new folder for events and such. I friend of mine uses the '1 folder per month' method, but I don't like it as much.

Anyway, once I have the originals where I want them, I can walk away for awhile... but I usually don't!

The next step depends on what I am planning to do with the pictures...

If I am planning on uploading them to a website, for example, I will create a sub-folder called '800x' or '1024x' and then batch resize the pics to the appropriate size. I also append '_rz800' to the end of the filename - just to be safe! (Makes searches easier too.)

If I want to make prints, I create a sub-folder called '4x6' or '5x7', etc. and go through cropping and saving to that folder. (my ArcSoft Viewer makes this really easy because it has preset aspect ratios - and a 'save as' button) Again, I append '_cr4x6', etc. to the filename.

If I am playing with levels or gatting fancy with post-production, I do so within the sub-folders only.

So that's my new plan... so far so good.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Messages In This Thread
Post Processing Workflow - by shuttertalk - Jul 4, 2004, 01:30
RE: Post Processing Workflow - by jogesh12345 - Jul 27, 2019, 02:07
Post Processing Workflow - by adam - Jul 4, 2004, 03:56
Post Processing Workflow - by Cailean - Jul 24, 2004, 04:58
Post Processing Workflow - by adam - Jul 24, 2004, 05:07
Post Processing Workflow - by peter - Jul 24, 2004, 09:36

Possibly Related Threads…