Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's your best 35mm photo?

I finally got a 35 mm lens and I'm anxious to test it out. So far, I've had some troubles getting it to focus properly and sharply - I think it's due to my hands shaking in the cold.

So what's your favorite photo taken with a 35 mm lens? Care to inspire me? Big Grin

Come on guys, don't be shy! Here's one of mine so far. I'm still getting used to the lens.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hawker Hurricane at Duxford , Pentax K5 Sigma 150-500 .

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

I think Doug must have misunderstood as he has posted a photograph with 35mm format, not 35mm focal length. A 35mm with the DX format is the same as 52mm with 35mm format, and as such was pretty much the prime lens, back in the day of 35mm film and super pricey lenses. I take it, by the shot you have posted, you are talking about Macro photography with your lens, not just any photographs taken with 35mm focal length? You must have taken many photographs around 35mm focal length with your 18-105mm lens.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Oop's sorry guy's I think I need to ditch Specsavers and visit a proper Optician. I had put 500mm & did of course mean 50mm with very, very tall steps

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

I think we need to ask mr kNox to clarify whether he means a 35mm focal length lens used on a 35mm film camera or a 35mm focal length lens used on an APS-C format digital camera or a 35mm focal length lens used on a full frame digital camera?

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

kNox was shooting a crop sensor Nikon if I remember correctly, been a while.

(Apr 27, 2016, 16:43)EnglishBob Wrote:  kNox was shooting a crop sensor Nikon if I remember correctly, been a while.

But is it a Macro lens, otherwise I'll go down to Duxford and shoot some stuff with 35mm in mind, has MrKnox thrown down a gauntlet !

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

It was a 35mm Nikkor Prime, non macro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59