Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Making sense of Elements, Lightroom, and Photoshop

RobS has raised a question elsewhere which I think will be worth exploring in a specific thread. I can't immediately see previous threads on this topic but if there are some, maybe you could provide links. This is what Rob S said:

"I use Lightroom, which I am slowly getting to know, and I'd hoped that it would be all I'd ever need. This thread has convinced me that it's not quite enough.... I found Anthony Morganti's videos really helpful in getting me going with Lightroom and I'm hoping he'll be as helpful with Photoshop. The issue for me now is whether I start off with Elements. I'd be interested in knowing what you decide to do. Rob"

You will no doubt have your own questions on this topic - which please share - but for me the key questions at this point are something like:

* What are the best learning resources available for elements, lightroom and photoshop? Morganti as RobS mentions?
* What the key benefits of using each of these suites? How do they relate?
* Is it best to start with elements, learn them sequentially, use all three or more, or simply go whole hog with Photoshop?
* Is it really worth the effort to learn and use Photoshop? It looks fearsome...
* How much do you rely on editing anyway and how to avoid over reliance on editing....?

In my case, I started with elements, am learning Lightroom through Digital Camera videos, and poised to get started with Photoshop but not sure how..so, I'm eagerly awaiting all your responses...Regards all, have a great day, Jeff

Messages In This Thread
Making sense of Elements, Lightroom, and Photoshop - by Freeman - Nov 6, 2014, 04:10

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post