Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Making sense of Elements, Lightroom, and Photoshop

Thanks for posting this Jeff. I need to make a decision about software so am hoping this attracts plenty of discussion.

When I started to become really interested in photography a year or so ago, I vowed that I would not be spending hours in post production staring at a screen - I'd done too much of that in my job. But it wasn't long before I realised, as Ed points out, that most photos can be improved in some way. You just need to avoid getting carried away and of course to become proficient with the software, ie fast, which I'm certainly not.

I found Lightroom quite daunting, but it's gradually making more sense. As with my camera, I suspect I will never take advantage of all of its functionality. But now I have identified certain things that it cannot do, such as replacing skies, and my inclination is to buy Elements and work up to PS, while continuing to do most of the work and the filing through Lightroom. I'm open to all advice though!

Cheers,

Rob

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making sense of Elements, Lightroom, and Photoshop - by RobS - Nov 6, 2014, 07:34

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post