Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CANNOT GET A HANDLE ON HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH AN IMAGE THAT TAKE MORE THAN 1/2 OF THE CIRA

I'M TRYING TO TAKE IMAGES FROM ANTIQUE SYPHON BOTTLES. THE PROBLEM IS THAT 1/2 OF THE IMAGE COVERS 1/2 OF THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE BOTTLE. I NEED THE WHOLE DESIGN ON 1 IMAGE SO THAT I CAN PRINT A BOOK, SOMETIME DOWN THE ROAD. IS THERE A COMPUTER PROGRAM, WHERE I CAN MELD 2 PIC.S TOGETHER? Huh

Any that embraces Panoramic, should do as you need. Here is a start. Welcome to the forum. Ed.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=free+panor...957850c8d1

To each his own!

Hello and welcome to the forums! It is best to use lower case versus all caps, since all CAPS is considered shouting.

Thank you for joining us and please let us know if you have need of anything else. We will do our best to help you.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Windows Paint will join two images. As will Paintshop Pro, Photoshop, the Gimp, and many others.
Alternatively take the shots from further back.

Those are nice links EdMak.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Is it that you need to turn the object by 180 degrees to photograph both 'sides' as it were ? If so, take your two images, resize them equally to what you require and double or more the canvas of one. Copy the other image and paste into the extended canvas thereby obtaining your two images in the one photo.
As already stated by EdMak many image manipulation software can be used and will give you canvas extension via the menus and of course copy and paste.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

Ooooooooor, just place the bottle in front of a mirror and take your shot!

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Nice one Johny. Smile

Regards.

Phil.

* put the bottle on a small turntable such as a lazy susan - Amazon do a glass one which is quite useful for this sort of thing;
* use 2 lamps at about 45 to 60 degrees for even lighting (check a few exposures to make sure to avoid reflections);
* set up camera on tripod for consistent results, for preference use manual for same exposure, shutter speed, and focus;
* take multiple exposures rotating a little between each with an pverlap of 20 - 30% (trial and error for best results for illumination/ coverage/ acceptable distortion);
* use stitching software to join together - best free option according to techsupportalert.com is Microsoft Image Composite Editor

Dave

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 19, 2016, 07:59