Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

The Best and Worst Cameras and Lenses of 2014

(Nov 12, 2015, 11:46)danmdan Wrote:  
(Nov 12, 2015, 05:50)EdMak Wrote:  To me, these are just someone's opinions, nothing more. Ed.

Still I'd like to see, and suspect many other readers would also like to see, someone's opinion for this year.

DM

I'm on board with Ed's comment... I know Chris Nicholls personally and he is a very knowledgeable guy... but if you listen to the video commentary.. he is careful to base his opinion on lightness and Price! I use Canon... so my 50mm is their ef50mm f1.2L There is no way I would part exchange that for the sigma! Yes it costs a lot more but is that a good measure of the performance of any equipment? The Tamron SP 150-600mm f5-6.3 again note the emphasis on "for the price".. if you are on a budget - yes, you get a 600mm lens... but so slow you need a big tripod in a portable wind shelter to get crisp shots... and I again would not swap my Canon 10-22mm for their 10-18... Eitherways... what you buy is largely personal opinion... influenced heavily by cost in most cases rather than on the specs or performance of the equipment, which certainly does not make the item better or worse that a similar item.. Would I trade my Canon ef600mm f4 L IS for the Tamron..? Would you? :-) Bit like saying the Beech Twin Baron is a better aircraft than the F22 Raptor 'cos its lighter and cheaper! Sighs... off for another shot of rum... :-)

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Best and Worst Cameras and Lenses of 2014 - by Rolf - Nov 12, 2015, 13:05

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post