Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Being a photographer has ruined photographs for me...

Oh how I agree. I too have become besotted with getting it absolutly right that I keep seeing my pics as all bad. Then I look at my wife's iPhone photos and think they look great just because I am not looking for any technical ability (she is just a snapper). I think we can get carried away with ourselves and forget that the major audience looking at our pics are not photographers and see the picture for exactly what it is.

It's as if we are only taking photos in a bid not to to criticised by other photographers !

I have had some of my photos published, and I often say to myself "why have they chosen that one ... it's got this or that wrong with it" but obviously they look at it from a viewers perspective rather than from a technical perspective.

I hadn't really thought about this until your post .... I think it's made me think differently and maybe just maybe I will try and be less critical my photography and hence enjoy it a whole load more.

Thanks !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Being a photographer has ruined photographs for me... - by IainWilkie - Feb 2, 2015, 07:41

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post