Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thinking about going Mirrorless

(May 20, 2017, 16:46)dave1712 Wrote:  I wouldn't hesitate to go mirroless.  If Canon brought out a FF mirrorless to replace the EOS 6D I'd get it tomorrow - and only because I have an investment in Canon fit lenses I don't want to loose shedloads on.

I thik you are right about mirroless leapfrogging DSLRs before long.  I have a Panasonic GX8 which I use if traveling light and it is superior to a DSLR in almost every respect except sensor size.  Th EVF is clear, sharp, and well lit at all times, and of course has the option to show almost anything in the viewfinder you can see on the live view rear screen.  The electronic shutter is quiet, and burst tate is high for action work.  All in all its what Canon with all their resources should have had a couple of years ago.

I looked at Sony and they are excellent but at present the Sony to EF adapters are not 100% for focusing with my EF lenses.  If it was I would have switched by now.

I guess  if Canon don't do something serious to replace the EOS 6D very soon, or bring out a full frame mirrorless I will bite the bullet and sell up everything and get a Sony - or whatever suits my needs at that time.
Hi Dave!
Even if Canon brings a FF mirrorless replacement for the 6D you will not be able to use the lens straight forward without adapter, this is due to a smaller flange distance between mount and sensor in the mirrorless system.

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about going Mirrorless - by GerbenG - May 19, 2017, 07:57
RE: Thinking about going Mirrorless - by RobertMurariu - May 21, 2017, 09:16
RE: Thinking about going Mirrorless - by MrB - May 21, 2017, 18:25

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post