Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upsizing photos: New contender!
If you need to do extreme upsizing of images, the new Topaz A.I. Gigapixel might interest you. I prepared some examples comparing it to Photoshop's and ON1's results.

PS: I received an email today asking why I hadn't also tested BenVista PhotoZoom Pro 7 against Topaz Gigapixel. Well, here you go ;-)

Attached Files Image(s)

FREE DIGITAL IMAGING EZINE
www.plugsandpixels.com

I spent a lot of time testing A.I. Gigapixel with challenging lower-res digital images from the last decade and a half, but then I realized that scans of even older film-based images might see some benefit.

See the results in my latest blog post.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.plugsandpixels.com
On another forum there was some talk of Topaz A.I. Gigapixel making it easy to grab and reuse web-sized images (for good or bad). So I did a test using my own website.

The home page image of the hawk (desktop version of the site) downloaded at 45kb (489x320px @ 72ppi). Here's what it looked like after a 600% uprez in Gigapixel (unretouched):

Attached Files Image(s)

www.plugsandpixels.com
Above post edited by moderator - referral links are not allowed in the forums. Please abstain from using referral links.
Barbara - Life is what you make of it!
(Aug 24, 2018, 16:43)plugsnpixels Wrote: If you need to do extreme upsizing of images, the new Topaz A.I. Gigapixel might interest you. I prepared some examples comparing it to Photoshop's and ON1's results.

PS: I received an email today asking why I hadn't also tested BenVista PhotoZoom Pro 7 against Topaz Gigapixel. Well, here you go ;-)

All are looking like zoom type photos. Very interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Most Iconic Photos in History Jeffbridge 5 3,858 Aug 9, 2019, 01:39
Last Post: jogesh12345
  How to Create Stunning Sunset Photos – Easy to Follow Adobe Lightroom Tutorial admin 0 3,100 Feb 16, 2017, 14:32
Last Post: admin
  Your Guide to Better Sunset Photos Jeffbridge 0 2,241 Apr 28, 2016, 21:26
Last Post: Jeffbridge