Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What Camera?

Mmm. Ok. I uploaded it, but I think I uploaded it to the wrong album. heh. Either way, it can be found here for now. Smile

I uploaded one of my images.. but due to noone's fault but my own I mucked up with where I uploaded it, and haven't been able to figure out if I'm able to delete it or not. heh. How embarrassing. :|

Either way, the image can be found here.. http://www.shuttertalk.com/gallery/displ...p?pos=-160

Smelly.
I just had e-mail notification that you'd posted agin, but I cant see anything here.

Sorry if I've missed a post somewhere.

:/

Cave canem

Am I the only one that can't see my own posts? Hmm. I've posted twice in reply, but am not able to see the posts. Oh well. I just posted that I had uploaded my photo to the digital darkroom in photo challenges. Smile

And yknow what.. if you click on 'post reply', then look at the old posts you can see both my posts there. Very very odd.

Oh......................... Hang on, here you are!

I like the picture very much!!

It does appear twice, so let's call the boss, and see if he can move it.

BOSS!!! :o Hello???

I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

Cave canem

Forums are funny places.

Wierd things do happen.

Strange animals appear regularly too.

Cave canem

Wait, you say the picture appears twice, or my post appears twice? :|

Either way, I'm sure The Boss can fix it. He does seem like a nice fella.

And I guess that means I have to create albums before I begin to upload photos?

Yes, unless you upload to a competition/assignment, or to the forum page.

Hey, btw, let's hear a little about you! Smile

Cave canem

Urh. Ok. Smile

I'm Julenka. I'm 19, recently engaged (so you can be expecting wedding related photos sometime soon. Wink) and still living at home with my parents. I'm mostly self-taught in photography, though Saq has a lot to do with my expansion of knowledge as well.

I absolutely adore photography, and am looking for photography clubs to join. I've got quite a bit of travelling coming up in the near future so I'm hoping to take my camera with me and get some shots in. Wink

Usually when we go travelling, Saq and I share the Sony.. but not for long. I'll be getting the D70 within a month or so. Big Grin Everyone's happy. hehe.

I think that's all that's worth knowing. Smile

I have this feeling that your D70 pics will be first class ......... Just a feeling, you know...............

Wink

Cave canem

smelly Wrote:Currently a Sony 828 that I share with my fiancee, but in a few weeks I will be the proud new owner of a D70. Smile

Oooh... *feeling of jealousy rising* Smile

Quote:Ah. Of course. Do I upload them to my gallery section on this site, or offsite?

For showing off one or two photos - just use the [img upload] button and upload directly into the forums under the Photo Showcase section. You'll need to resize the photos though (<600px) otherwise you'll break the layout Smile

You can also use the gallery to show off a portfolio of work or something.

As Rufus said, it's a matter of choice. Usually uploading direct to the forums is the quickest option.

smelly Wrote:I'm Julenka. I'm 19, recently engaged (so you can be expecting wedding related photos sometime soon.

Nice to meet you, Julenka. I got married not too long ago as well. Come to think of it, it's almost been a year! There's a couple of shots from my wedding in the first post:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=40

I know this is probably spamming up the topic with off topic posts but I wanted to reply.. Smile

Your wedding photos look really nicely done, both the ones of your wedding and the ones that you took at the wedding. Smile It must be really hard to take original shots which aren't the usual cliche. It's good to see.

Quote:I have this feeling that your D70 pics will be first class ......... Just a feeling, you know...............

Hehe. Thanks so much Rufus. I hope not to disappoint now. Tongue Thanks for the welcome guys!

As a current D70 owner operator, I'd like to see some first class D70's ... given I'm still sitting at second class Smile

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

smelly Wrote:Your wedding photos look really nicely done, both the ones of your wedding and the ones that you took at the wedding. Smile It must be really hard to take original shots which aren't the usual cliche. It's good to see.

Thanks smelly! Smile As for the "original shots" -- I think it was more the "I'm out of ideas" factor or "I have no idea what I'm doing but let's try this" factor... Smile

gd Wrote:As a current D70 owner operator, I'd like to see some first class D70's ... given I'm still sitting at second class Smile

I'd like to see some of your shots. Smile

I currently have a P&S Kodak CX6200 (maybe DX?)

And my main camera is a Rebel 300D. Bought it because I had outgrown my previous Fuji and wanted more input in how the camera took the picture. I did consider the Olympus C8080 but the lowlight pictures that takes are pretty bad.

Nice... I've used the 300D and have been very impressed with the results as well.

smelly, my shots are in the gallery... the wedding cars one was taken with the d70..
I have some shots I took from a friends wedding, but they were a first crack at getting it right all the time and so we'll call it a learning experience.

I am going to get out and about in the next week or so as I need to get a few shots of "australiana" for a photo course I'm doing. More news as it happens.

Hi All!

Found the site from a link on DPREVIEW and I must say that I really like the cozy atmosphere here. I'm from Miami, FL and in answer to your questions;

1. I have a Canon D300 and love it. I picked it because I had been looking for a good value DSLR. I used to have a Pentax K1000 years ago and lost it in a hurricane. Since then I had been using point and shoot Digitals, but really wanted to get a digital that would allow me to be more creative with exposures, DOF, etc.

2. I'm still learning the D300 and its capabilities so for now, I don't have a real wish list. I'm quite impressed with the quality and capabilities and it's going to take some time for me to get "back in the swing" of things. Anyway, the landscape is changing so rapidly that if I wait another week my wish list would probably change again.

Cheers,

Lars

Lars

** Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results **

Hi Lars,
Good to see you're part of the group.

We have a good split of 300D's to D70s here in this group so it should be interesting to compare outcomes. Like you, I've moved from Point-and-shoot to DSLR so I can control my depth of field better and produce higher quality shots, and like you I'm learning it's not as simple as I thought.

We like the cosy atmosphere too, of course.. there is that matter of the new comers fee Smile but we can sort that out as appropriate hehe.

G'day again Lars... good to have you onboard. Feel free to post stuff, start new topics, upload pics - we're all pretty friendly around here. Smile

gd -> fee? you still haven't paid yours yet! haha... just kidding... there's no such fee.

A fee should be involved, said fee should be to post a few of your favorite own pictures Smile

sure I posted mine... I can't BELIEVE you haven't got it yet ST.
But Lars, feel free to donate to GD c/- Shutter Talk Australia. Checks, money orders, credit cards are allllll acceptable *greedy grin*. Smile

I have a Casio QV3-EX single focal length 3.3 meg camera and a Canon A70. The Casio was a gift. I bought the Canon because I liked the feel of it. These are low end cameras but I can't afford better right now. I have made a lot of improvements to the Canon, adding a magnified viewer hood (stolen from a Miranda Sensorex that I lost 10 years ago), an auxilary lens adapter with a .6x aux lens (saved form an old Kowa Camera which stopped functioning 30 years ago), and a polarizer (that was made for a cam corder and I bought cheap).

[Image: mycamera.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post