Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Film vs Digital

Hello.

Those who have shot both film and digital cameras. Which one do you like better for quality? I think I still like film better. Colour is more vibrant for film.

urmmm ... lets just put it this way ... Colour is not an issue with digital photos .. .
the problem is that most people are happy leaving the photo setting the way they are on the cam ..and some cameras whitebalance better then others ...
so basically .. if u take the itme to process urphotos urself ... then your colours will just be as vibrant if not better then film ...

i actually used an old film SLR for quite a while .. and i found that the photos are really nice.. but i havent really developes digital photos so i can compare them on paper ...
but the way i see iit .., in terms of quiality .. they r basically just as good a seach other .. .

the onli reason Digital has thge edge is that .. you can snap as mucgh as you want and not have to worry about wasting film ... and you have the choice to chooose what u want .. .

Also when it comes to modifying pictues on ur com .. there is no way that a scan of either film or photos can be as good as a digital cameras raw files ... unless u have $$$$$ to buy professional photolab equipment ...

ive gone digital and find that its hard to go bak to my normal SLR ..
but i still enjoy taking those odd shots wid film ...film is still nice in its own way(it forces me to develope the photos)

The nice thing about digital is that you can adjust the ISO speed and whitebalance without having to change film. In terms of quality, film is still supposed be better than most consumer cameras. In digital, the colours can be manipulated, to how vibrant you want (easier if you shoot in RAW Wink) I havent actually enlarged any film pictures before, and the digital pictures which I have printed out, you can't tell the difference (on the 6x4).

up to A3 the quality of a photo from our camera is prety much the same quality as a Film camera ... above A3 .. i dont know which would be better .. cause u can onli fit so much on 35mm film also ...

but i guess u gotta take into consideration wheether u are comparing lower end or higher end cameras ...

Hi and welcome, iamaguest... like adam sometimes I do miss film especially shooting with my vintage Konica rangefinder... the quality is superb.

At this stage, I think it's all pretty subjective in terms of quality. Like peter said - if you've got quality glass and a great film SLR, then the output might very well surpass digital, esp. if it's not a DSLR.

Digital however, has its benefits as well... convenience, instant results, ability to manipulate photos at a later stage...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post