Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Evil Forces

Welcome to Shuttertalk Shunkaha! Big Grin

You know, it's the tolerance and sensitivity towards other people's opinions and beliefs (dispite not necessarily agreeing with them) that I really like about this list. It brings us together instead of dividing us.

ST, Slej, Pete and Toad.. you've just demonstrated this tolerance wonderfully.
I wonder if our friend Shunkaha is so tolerant? I hope so.

It strikes me as curious that Shunkaha should " Forever and ever return it and The Demons to The Sender OneHundredFold" to anyone who spreads curses, bad luck, negativity, jinxes or the like. Is it just me, or does spreading such ill-will towards others sound somewhat hypocritical to anyone else?

Shunkaha defines Evil as including "everything else on every evil list imaginable in The Whole Entire World". hmmm... I'd imagine "intolerance" and "hypocrisy" would feature on somebody's evil list somewhere (it would certainly feature on mine), and to me this term seems to fairly accurately describe Shunkaha's post. I'd also imagine terms like "personal vengeance" and "malice" would also appear on evil lists (in fact they could be covered by Shunkaha's own term of "negativity and the like").

I'm against evil too Shunkaha. I think you'll find the vast majority of people in the world are, even some of those people who make your "list" above. But what is evil and what isn't? Well, I'm sure if the world could agree on an answer to that one we could probably prevent a lot of wars.

You are completely entitled to your opinions and beliefs, and I can see that you certainly feel strongly about them. But the flip-side of that freedom is that other people are entitled to their opinions and beliefs as well. I personally think the best way to "eliminate negativity" in the world (which seems to be one of your goals) is to learn to respect and understand diversity in others before judging it.
It won't stop all people doing truly "evil things", but you might find your list of evil doers becomes a LOT shorter as you discover their reasons instead of judging them at face value.

And before you dismiss my post and curse me to "forever cut and burn (my) ungodly silvercord", please ask yourself what is driving you. Am I really evil? Or are you just annoyed because I don't agree with you?

I'm happy to discuss your manifesto in a friendly manner if you care to, but please keep in mind the Rules of This Forum when posting.

Regards
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Messages In This Thread
Evil Forces - by Shunkaha - Apr 16, 2005, 14:43
Evil Forces - by shuttertalk - Apr 16, 2005, 16:04
Evil Forces - by slejhamer - Apr 16, 2005, 19:58
Evil Forces - by Petographer - Apr 16, 2005, 20:19
Evil Forces - by Toad - Apr 16, 2005, 21:22
Evil Forces - by Kombisaurus - Apr 17, 2005, 07:13
Evil Forces - by adam - Apr 17, 2005, 07:18
Evil Forces - by noisynoodle - Apr 17, 2005, 07:40
Evil Forces - by EnglishBob - Apr 17, 2005, 09:05
Evil Forces - by Kombisaurus - Apr 17, 2005, 09:51
Evil Forces - by noisynoodle - Apr 17, 2005, 10:07