Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picture Taking in the Neighborhood: Does it meet community standards.

Don Schaeffer Wrote:a person would have to pretty sick or wierd to take criminal advantage of snapping children in a playground. What criminal use could these photos have? I realize that there is a zero tolerence for it but that seems like mass hysteria to me.

--Don

Its almost as if you are egging a debate on with this statement Don. In a previous response you mentioned. "I wonder how bad it would have looked it I opened my door in my underwear with no pictures on the wall." Which leads me to believe you know exactly what criminal intent some people have, or would have with such pictures.

It is not mass hysteria. One person called to report suspicious activity. The police rightly investigated it and determined that everything was as it should be. I expect when they left they were quite courteous as well. Or did they leave with suspicions, with a promise to keep their eye on you....

As a society, we would scream bloody murder if something seemed out of sorts and we turned a blind eye, only to find out it was being used for criminal activities.

Yes, Don.... had you shown up at the door in your underwear with no pictures on the wall, and were asked about taking picutres of "scenes in the kids park" I fully expect they would want to ensure that there was no ill intent involved.

As far as your bus photos go. I too would have been pissed off if you were taking pictures of me on a bus. I don't know you, so don't take my picture. You don't like it when your privacy and civil liberties are constrained. Yet, don't seem to mind pushing the envelope on others.

There is a time and place for everything. If you, and all of us.... expect to take candid street photos, then expect the wrath of someone who doesn't like it. Would you like someone invading your privacy? It appears not......

Let the debate continue......

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Messages In This Thread
Picture Taking in the Neighborhood: Does it meet community standards. - by jericho - Aug 24, 2005, 08:59

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Freeman
Jun 27, 2015, 15:00