the nikon d200 is almost here....fanally!!! i can wait to order one

some pixs of it
http://www.christianmusicianradio.com/d200/

http://rootminus1.com/freepics/displayim...?pos=-1064

regards

christian

buy buy!

hi

im keeping my ears to the ground.....to the screen?

[Image: 69_Untitled-1.jpg]

regards

It will be nice to have my D70 as my back up camera. I am giddy with exctiement. WHUHOO!!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

This could be the camera Toad was waiting for....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It is indeed - can't wait to get a really good look at the specs...

oooh yes

i just can not wait....some people are already on the waiting list (have order one)

[Image: nikon%20d200.jpg]

yes with the drive

regards

christian

Looks like a great camera - good to see Nikon come up with something to challenge the 20D.

Look out next year though - should get really interesting when Canon replace the 20D.

Canon stuff.

I am already on the waiting list for one.

hi

uuhmmm they are saying 1 of november will be announce.

jerrico...how much are you going to pay?

regards

christian

Am not sure yet. I suspect it will be worth every penny though. I am pretty excited.

What are they sugesting it will cost?

$1700 US for the body

Itchy fingers Toad ? :-)

Well it sure looks like a great camera, ill definitely get one as backup for my D2x.

Im invited to Nikon on tuesday to play with it. But im having a floorball game the same time :-( , not sure if ill make it.

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

i just can not wait.... my cash is waitin

regards

christian

[Image: 00191-04-nikon-d200.jpg]

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=...uage_tools

Nikon Italy seems to be first to give some real specs.

/P.L

hi

uuhmm will go and see, have they anouce it yet?

uuhmm my italiano is a bit rusty....let me check on the australian site...nothing....usa?

Nope, only italian site has put it up thus far, the link i provided is a goggle translation of the page. most is readable, and some is right out funny when google translate it LOL

/P.L

yeah and the bottom part is still in italiano

but i am reading

uuhmmm do i have to get nikon capture 4.3 now? uuhmm i used to used nikon captuer 1 i think?...the first one...the one that came with the nikon d1. i did not think much of it. very basic.

thanks, great stuff

i was wondering how many hits nikon site is going to get in minutes after the press realese??

Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:Itchy fingers Toad ? :-)

Itchy enough! Nice to see you back, Paul! I see you around dpreview once in a while. How is it that you get invited to Nikon ahead of announcement - or will it be announced today?

Hi ya Rob :-)

Yea its been a while.

Well its the same day Nikon is supposed to anounce it (here in sweden at least)

/P.L

Well, its no secret that I have been waiting impatiently to see what Nikon will be giving us for Xmas as I have been planning to migrate from my film SLR (F100) to a Nikon DSLR.

It's almost certain that I will be buying one of these from the "leaked" specs at least - unless there is some huge disconnect between rumoured and delivered. It supposedly is weather sealed (very good in rainy Vancouver) - has the extra resolution I need for arty cropping, and can use my Nikon glass and SB800 flash in commander mode. It also appears to have a larger viewfinder than the rather smallish one on the otherwise superb D70s.

Looks like the one for me - and at a mercifully low price for a pro quality DSLR.

My big question now is whether to go for the new 18-200 VR lens that appears to be the "kit" lens for this camera. I already have an outstanding 80-200 F2.8 non-VR zoom, and a 24-85 AFS zoom, but I will need to cover the wide angle when I move to digital, and unless the 18-200 is crap (unlikely if it is being packaged with the D200) - it looks like a great walk-around lens. If it is as good as the D70's 18-70 kit lens, I will buy it in a shot.

Waiting almost over (to order at least). We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Well i would let others test the kit lens, and just buy the body to start with. To cover the wide end you could buy some quality primes from either Nikon or sigma.

if the 18-200 vr proves to be of high quality all over the range ill buy it later.

But thats just me.

/P.L

Good idea!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00