Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Macros: Close up filters vs Extension tubes?

I have a friend from Spain, he is a biologist... I think... When he knew I had a 50mm lens he told me to use it with a converter... It was time ago and I forgot his advice... Just yesterday... I remembered that and I worked with the 50mm and the converter I have for the macro lens... I really don't know how this works but it is genial... the only drawback is that you need to go really close to the subject... I think for insects it wouldn't work....

Unfortunately, yesterday the weather was ugly, gray and I didn't have much light to work with... but I got a couple of pictures I wanted to show here because I realized that my shutter speed numbers were shorter with this lens than it would be with the macro... I tried with flash and it is great ... but I didn't like the highlights of the flash... That link your gave solves my problem with the flash... Thanks a lot ....

Other thing I realized about my 50mm connected to the converter is that it doesn't work automatically with the camera, you need to set the aperture manually and work with manual mood... That means you don't have any info about this in the exif data... I am just waiting for a sunny day to make some experiments with the macro and the 50mm... and see which works best.... and of course to show off my pictures with my Japanese friends, they make wonders with macros and flowers... Wink

Here is sample of what I got yesterday... Still too much to improve here... but I am happy with my first results...

[Image: DSC_2935-01pine_s.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Messages In This Thread
Macros: Close up filters vs Extension tubes? - by Irma - Nov 24, 2005, 00:49

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesternGuy
Nov 27, 2014, 11:14