Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Software Assistance

Let me start by welcoming you to Shuttertalk. Glad to see you aboard.Smile
You are going to have a couple things to consider. As Uli said Adobe Photoshop is very expensive. Approx $900.00 U.S. It's just that Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard. You might find earlier versions cheaper but they are still pricey. There is an editing software called Paintshop Pro which is considerably cheaper ($99.00 U.S.) and does do the same types of editing. Still, these kinds of software might be much more than you need for simple editing. Adobe Elements is cheaper and will do a lot of the more typical editing that a person will need to just improve of their imaging. You can expect to pay under $100.00 U.S. So having said that Adobe Photoshop Elements is a more $ friendly choice.

But that is not all!!! You have to learn how to use the software. This is not something that comes overnight. My advice to you, find someone you know who is familiar with the software that would be willing to do the work for you. (unless of coarse you have all the time in the world to learn and do it yourself). The reason I say someone you know like a friend? So you don't have to pay big bucks to have it done. Industry standard price is about $75.00 hr.

Back to the Adobe software. There are a ton of tutorials online available for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements and Paintshop Pro. If you want to just adjust brightness, colour, contrast and such there is a lot of free software downloads available online. However, they are very limited on what they can do.

Good luck and whatever you decide to do we are here and are eager to help. If you do decide to take the plunge and buy Elements for example then there are many people here who can help and guide you.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Messages In This Thread
Software Assistance - by lspark - Feb 9, 2006, 19:05
Software Assistance - by wulinka - Feb 9, 2006, 19:13
Software Assistance - by Petographer - Feb 9, 2006, 19:40
Software Assistance - by NT73 - Feb 9, 2006, 20:11
Software Assistance - by byrt_001 - Feb 9, 2006, 20:18
Software Assistance - by muzza - Feb 9, 2006, 20:22
Software Assistance - by wulinka - Feb 9, 2006, 20:28
Software Assistance - by shuttertalk - Feb 9, 2006, 21:13
Software Assistance - by NT73 - Feb 10, 2006, 05:39