Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So wheres the mac section ? .-)

Hey cool - macs running on the intel architecture can now dual booth winxp and osx... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4880022.stm

That's brilliant. I can't say that it's unexpected, but I'm glad to see it officially supported.

There was one time that I wished I could run some software that was written for PCs, but I can't remember what it was...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

More and more people are going to discover the ease and beauty of an Apple computer.

Canon stuff.

wooowww two in one!!!

i think that wil be another biiig sale point for mac now!!

christian

so now the 13.3" macbook is out... hrmmm!

You know, I had the funniest / wierdest dream last night... I dreamt that I bought a mac mini on the spur of the moment and didn't tell my wife. And when she got home I was so ashamed I kicked it under the bed to hide it...

I have no idea where that came from... wierd. Big Grin

ooh is been release

the new 13in!!!!

uuhm glossy screen??

up to 2G of ram!! 2ghz!!!

black or white?

want one

Very niceSmile

Canon stuff.

shuttertalk Wrote:You know, I had the funniest / wierdest dream last night... I dreamt that I bought a mac mini on the spur of the moment and didn't tell my wife. And when she got home I was so ashamed I kicked it under the bed to hide it...

I have no idea where that came from... wierd. Big Grin
look under the bed! it might be there!!!

hahaha .. i always wanted a mac mini ... but is that gonnna be running on intel architecture as well ?

Yes Peter, the new Mac Mini's have Intel Core Duos in them! Smile go get!

gimme money to buy adam!

hi

not sure if everyone know that the new apple has motion sensors...

Powerbook Lightsabers

hahahahaha

bmw alarm

The Mac section or the Intel based Linux machines with an Apple GUI?

they are known as "mac-evangelists" back in Singapore...

that is, the sales ppl at Apple Centres Smile

definitely a Mac user...
got "saved" 3 yrs ago..
never look back...
thank God for the salvation indeed Smile

Share with us the advantages Big Grin

sure!

(a) with PCs, i hate to have the issue of "blue" screens. (that is when the computer hangs on you) This may be caused by running several programs at once and probably due to insufficient RAM. But no matter how much extra RAM i increase it, that will not help. But this issue is not seen with my usage with MACs. I would open FCP and Photoshop together, surfing the net and chatting on MSN all at once and no blue screen...

(b) back in the days where virus and "unwanted" programs just lingers in your PC or gets installed into your PC over the net, it was a concern. Pop-up windows just open consecutively over one click. However, i dun seem to have this issue with MAC.
I do not deny that this has reduced over the recent yrs with anti-spam programs for PC.

© Apple always seem to provide a "package" deal. Like a computer for everything you need. And i happen to fall under that consumer group that they target. Its not true that only the creative industry needs an Apple. It used to be that way.
But with Apple slowing getting a piece of the "family"-computer market, i do hope its us as consumers who will be benefiting Smile

they are just some of my thoughts... of cse, there are cons too of getting a Mac too... price.. limited software..

cheers~!

1) The Mac is a total package - everything just works.
2) No viruses.
3) Runs both Windows and Apple software (on the new Intel Macs).
4) Better value (when you look at the total package).
5) Innovative product.
6) Easier to use.
7) Out of the box experiance (you have to open the box of a new Mac to inderstand this).
8) Better design - looks great.

These are just some initial thoughts Smile

Canon stuff.

LOL, no intel based station here. Big Grin

The hardware isnt that much of a diffrence, but the os is.

Mac is expensive, and with the intelbased clients, one can argue if the price is justified.

But then again, on mac you can run both osx and xp. On pc you need to hack the whole system, sure for computer geeks this isnt a problem. But for us that depend on our workstations and need them to run day in and day out, its not a very good solution.

Im so happy i switched, i wouldnt trade my quad for any intelbased machines on the market today. I will at least wait 1 generation before i invest in the next tower mac.
Osx is far more effective for me, then windows ever been.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Thanks! Finally I see a list of reasons Big Grin

Ooo, the rumour mill is running hot again:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=453

Quote:Apple Inc. may sell zippy notebook computers later this year that use the same type of fast memory as music players and digital cameras, driving down prices of hard-disk drives, an analyst said on Thursday.
Sounds more like a PDA to me than a notebook computer....

Quote:Flash notebooks make a lot of sense because they can boot instantly and run longer on battery power because they don't have to spin up a magnetic hard disk drive (the most power consuming process of an HDD). All this should add up to as much as twice the battery life we get from current MacBooks and MBPs. Apple has some of the strongest buying power of NAND flash memory in the business because of their market dominating iPod. It doesn't hurt that Apple holds supplier arrangements with the world's five-largest NAND suppliers, either.