Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Printing... Jpeg or Tiff???? or????

I really have no idea why they require them, they normally ask for Quark or Illustrator files but since I don't do my photo layouts in Illustrator its not a format I provide them with.

I'm talking more for printing posters, calendars, brochures, business cards etc.

I have had that issue as well. Printers of pro brochures, calendars, etc. feel that Quark and other pro layout tools give them much better control than any photo manipulation tool such as PhotoShop. I plan to pick up a copy of Quark at my earliest convenience - but that would be for graphic design after I finish with the photos in PhotoShop.

Wow, sounds pretty complex... how does one keep track of all the versions?? Big Grin

Search me - I just bungle along!

Adobe Version Cue?

I'd use what ever the camera took the photo at, it is the best quality you will get, unless you do some touching up

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

dewy Wrote:I'd use what ever the camera took the photo at, it is the best quality you will get, unless you do some touching up

Unless it's RAW Tongue

adam Wrote:
dewy Wrote:I'd use what ever the camera took the photo at, it is the best quality you will get, unless you do some touching up

Unless it's RAW Tongue
Well when you use raw the conversion process inclusdes some touching up right?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 19, 2016, 07:59
Last Post by Napomneret