Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour

The more time I have to think about this camera, the more I hope it comes true. Today I was carrying my D700, 85/2.8 pc-e lens, and heavy tripod, but still missed a couple of shots. It simply wasn't worth pulling out the big camera for a whimsical shot on the crowded downtown sidewalk. A body that's a bit smaller than the G10, with sensor performance to match the GH1, would be awesome. I've been tempted to get a decent P&S for this role, but a small body with an interchangeable lens could also be a backup for both my Nikon and Olympus kits, since there are adapters for both.

My wish list includes a metal body, and given the way the 'leaked' camera resembles the Pen series that Olympus is very proud of, I could see it being something premium like stainless steel. Given the rangfinder design, perhaps there'll even be an accessory viewfinder - maybe matching the 17mm pancake lens - that lets the camera shoot with the LCD turned off. The LX3 can do this, and Olympus and Panasonic are pretty good friends. Give it a price under $900US, and I think it could be a real winner.

But like I said before, maybe I just have a really good imagination.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Messages In This Thread
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by matthew - Jun 12, 2009, 19:58
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by adam - Jun 15, 2009, 04:00
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by NT73 - Jun 16, 2009, 04:06
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by adam - Jun 16, 2009, 04:26
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by adam - Jun 17, 2009, 06:33
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by Toad - Nov 10, 2009, 12:12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post