Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour

matthew Wrote:Now that I've had a chance to read (and re-read) the information about the E-P1, about the only thing that disappoints me is the lack of a microphone input.
In the link above, there's a sample video - the annoying click of the continuous focus is a bit of a letdown and as you say, there's no alternative to use an external microphone. Shame... I suppose video is a secondary feature but shame...

Quote:When it came to video, we were frankly blown away. The 720p output is nothing short of breathtaking, and we're looking forward to shooting some serious cop dramas with this thing. Unfortunately, we do have a bone to pick with Olympus on the audio -- the stereo sound is excellent, but while using continuous focus (a nice touch, and it looks great), the sound of the lens makes the experience somewhat less heartening. It's not unusable, but to have your gorgeous video marred by the shhhk / click of the lens is a bit annoying. That whole issue could easily be circumvented with an external audio input... but Olympus doesn't provide one here, meaning you're stuck with what's onboard.

Messages In This Thread
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by adam - Jun 15, 2009, 04:00
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by NT73 - Jun 16, 2009, 04:06
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by adam - Jun 16, 2009, 04:26
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by adam - Jun 17, 2009, 06:33
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by shuttertalk - Jul 1, 2009, 20:21
Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds Rumour - by Toad - Nov 10, 2009, 12:12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post