Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rain

I have been working already for few months with some sort of distortions and reflections.... This series was one of those that I couldn't let it pass, so I took my pictures interested in the outcome, as what I was seeing in real life was really nice...

Anyway, the outcome was not what I was seeing in real life, but I found it interesting. It was taking in the forest, in a cloudy day, with high ISO..
After my treatment with colors, my pictures became even noisier, but I like them like so, as when I removed the noise detail and somehow the character of the pictures was gone...

I framed them as I am still working to get my frames right and because I think the frame add to the picture in some way...

Thanks a lot for your comments and reviews on this work... I hope you find it interesting... Smile

[Image: IMG_5397-Edit-2-Editcolor.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5396-Edit-6-Editcolor.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5399-Editcolor.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5396-Editcolor.jpg]

Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Its an interesting technique. I like #3 the best because the *recognizable* features - the branches- gives this one depth and context. That one says rain to me. With the other ones (lovely as they are), I only know that it is rain because of your introduction. The addition of a recognizable feature immediately allows me to place myself in the scene and no further explanation is required.

I am not a big fan of virtual frames - but that's just personal opinion. Many people like them a lot.

Thanks so much Toad for your review on my series.

I have to learn so much about this kind of photography... and this has been always my doubt about this kind of pictures, because I think if I say what this is they will have a hint of what I thought when I did them... on the other hand I think I should let people to make their own story. They might come up with more different ideas.

They are reflection on my windshield... reflections of the trees in a cloudy sky..

You are so right about frames, some people like them a lot.. and they framed everything... I think I am a bit carried away by this trend at the moment... Wink

Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma, I am one of your fans...Smile I love your creative works and everytime you find something new for me. These rain touches are so nice, I can see this in all of them. The only thing for me this black frame. I don't know but I didn't like. And without frame they are better in my mind. But this is my opinion. Well done, it was a creative and artistic one. Thank you dear Irma,

with my love,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

I like number 2 the best Irma - the depth of the colour green attracts me to it.

Canon stuff.

A little too much for my simple brain... I do like how you have it coming out the frame in the last one.

Thanks a lot for your comments... Smile

nia... I am happy you find the rain in all... Smile

Chris .. I love the colors in #2 and I see it so dynamic... with curves and diagonals...

Craig... lol... You so sweet always with your comments... Smile I am very happy that you mentioned the idea I had with the frame...

Paul Cezanne

Moderator, please....

Irma, an interesting idea, but I cannot see rain - just blur. Sorry. Maybe a little sharper would be better for me.
I like the way it is coming from the frame in 4, but the frame line (under the escaping bit) gives me a feeling of something false. Clone it out in places?

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Sorry NT, I didn't see your comment before..

Thanks so much for your advice.. I will try cloning out the white line... That is a good idea!! Smile

Paul Cezanne

I'm glad to see the experiment, but what you have is movement blur not rain.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:I'm glad to see the experiment, but what you have is movement blur not rain.
I dunno, Don. Looks like rain to me and we get a lot of rain in Vancouver - particularly #3.

I really like the idea here Irma. Number 3 is my favourite, but I think they work well as a series.

As far as suggestions for improvements, I'd suggest taking a close look at the colouring. Some of the images look to have a bit of a colour-cast to my eyes, and they all seem to have a bit of a "muddy" vibe about them. If you gave the colours and tones a bit more sparkle then I think it would give the whole thing a lift. I'm thinking bright autumn colours instead of muddy winter colours.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanks Don, Adrian for your comment...

Adrian, about the colors... it was so difficult to get some colors our of the original... I might try with gradient map and give my own palette to the image... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Wannabe
Dec 30, 2006, 16:04
Last Post by Irma
Oct 12, 2005, 03:11