Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of season.... (still life)

I took these pictures weeks ago, still in Autumn, and I couldn't make them work as I wanted then... now with a bit more time and more idea of what I wanted I worked them again... All of them have subtle changes in the post processing... but the general idea is there...

Your comments and advices as always are very welcome... Wink

[Image: IMG_4338-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4346.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4351-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4377-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Your palette of colors is very rich and lush with great depth.

I find the apple a bit jarring in #3 and #4 for some reason - I suppose because the large bright areas on the apple don't seem to fit with the muted palette of the rest...

I really like #1 and #2 a lot - they are a feast of color, tone and texture.

Thanks Toad for your comment...

Could that be that the apple is too big for my composition?

In #4 specially I tried to work my composition based on circles... the little red berries balance the apple and I relate them with color....

About the bright areas on the apple... it is yellow and I have some problems desaturating yellow..

#3 and #4 have different color temperature maybe if I work the same temperature, a bit warmer and desaturated separately the apple to match?

I will work with my colors again tomorrow...

Thanks again... Smile

Paul Cezanne

All great suggestions - I am anxious to see how they turn out.

I really like the last three Irma. The first one is lovely - but I am a little distracted by the darkness on the right hand side. It appears to be eating away at your picture.

Canon stuff.

Hey there... just popping in and the first post I see is yours, Irma.

I like the first one best, but like Chris find the dark corner a bit stark.
In each of the three others I find the fruit too dominating, the lemon in no. 2 less so than the
apple (peach?) in the last two ones.

Great colors!!

We have snow in Hamburg.... How about you guys down under?

Greetings and best wishes for the new year,

Uli

Thanks a lot Chris for your comment... Smile

I know what you mean about the dark edge... in some way I like it as giving some mood to the picture but actually it is an error in my LR presents... Some of my presents in LR1 had vignette when I work them in LR2 the vignette appear as before crop... I don't know any way to remove the vignette from the present.

However I wanted to give it a try again without preset and I got this... I really like it a lot too!! Smile

[Image: IMG_4338-Edit-2.jpg]

Thanks Uli, for your comment... really nice to see you around.. Smile

It is actually a nectarine making the job of an apple... Wink I didn't have a red apple only green ones and color comes first I thought.... Big Grin

The thing is that I have to have some different sizes in my compo.... I think for example that the size of the apple in #3 is really nice... It is taking attention because of the color and size but the textures of the rest of the picture has a lot to offer to the viewer...

Toad, I worked my picture again with the apple but this time I did some changes I think it favours in many ways the image... I placed it right in the edge, as a spot to begin the journey through the composition.... I included some more elements with interesting texture, and lines from the edges to the center of the image... and more reds to compensate the red of the apple.

I am really fighting here not to use some texture or add some noise to the image... I like it as it is, maybe I should leave the texture for a print in canvas... Smile

[Image: IMG_4373-Edit.jpg]

Thanks all for your help! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma, I loved them all, so creative and so beautiful. These are great photographical works and would be so nice on the wall (on canvas)
Super, well done,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Excellent work with the apple shot - it is dramatically improved.

I am not sure that #1 is improved by the removal of the vignette, however. While I agree that the vignette ate away at the photo, I feel that the latest retake of the photo has lost some of the richness and depth of the color palette that I loved in the original. Picky picky

Honestly though, these are so well done that all my critiques only would change them fractionally. Great concept and execution.

Thanks Toad... Smile

You are right about the colors... I tried to replay my present manually but it didn't give the same colors, indeed...

G thinks that #1 (first post) might be a picture to place in a wall with a window at the left... I don't know of any picture or painting that is done to be placed in a specific light conditions... I have to investigate this...

I feel very connected with the colors in these pictures... Smile

I will see if I can import my presents again but without vignette.. that will give me the exact colors... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Great to see you posting Uli! Irma - lovely work.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Nov 13, 2016, 23:25
Last Post by Rolf
Jan 30, 2015, 18:34
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 6, 2014, 10:51