Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Product photography 2

I work again with my pictures and learning a lot!!

I took again pictures of the pearls. I think the picture improved a lot... specially the lighting... At the end the lighting was easier than I thought.

[Image: IMG_1877-Edit.jpg]

This is kind of Mexican handcraft... I like it because of the coin... It shows detail and the colors look fine....

[Image: IMG_1902-Edit.jpg]

This is a more classic picture for advertisement I think... The clasp pin is not exactly a beauty, that is why I worked my pictures in bw... the golden was looking so fake... Rolleyes

[Image: IMG_1811-Edit.jpg]

I thank a lot to all of you that helped me with these pictures. I hope you find some improvement here... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Here are these two with fabric I like too...

[Image: IMG_3216-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3222-Edit.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

My first impression is that these are dramatically better. I will say more when I have some time to look at them closely. Well done!

#1 - beautiful. Lots of quality space for text - but not wasted space. Perfect DOF. The lighting looks excellent - some might like a higher contrast - but I think it works perfectly with the subject. I really like the clip and the far end of the pearls. Its slightly softer focus puts the pendant in sharp relief.

#2 is my least favorite - not because it is poorly done - but because I am not sure what the focal point is. The medal looks like it should be - but I am drawn to the blue beads. Maybe a slightly wider DOF to sharpen the front bead.

#3 This one I really like - perfect textures and lighting. The only thing bad I can say is that #5 is of the same object, and I like it even better. It is a lovely capture though - it is a classic advert shot as you say. I really like the texture in the tiny bit of shadow.

#4 is my favorite. Sublime! The interplay between the pin, the folds of fabric and the light is really wonderful.

#5 All the comments from #4 apply here. The fabric is a super touch.

Thanks a lot Toad for your comments here... I am very happy that you found improvement... Smile

As we see here #4 and #5 have great detail they are very sharp and the fabric even the OOF areas have some texture... the thing is that I took these pictures with the G9!! I found that this little camera is giving me the sharpness and great DOF the others cameras and lenses can't give... Plus that I can take them with wider angle in macro mode, and all my lighting gear works perfect as it has a hot shoe...

Fabric has become a great support in my stills, as if they give some character to the subject. You can work subtle lines as in #5 I love the diagonal there... so pleasant... I also cared to have the same color in the text area...

Again, thanks a lot for your help, Toad... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Wow! Nice shots... Just I thought of this, the background colours for the number 1 and 2... I tried to imagine, not white but... I am just thinking dear Irma. But I loved them, well captured, especially the white and black series, they are amazing. Well done dear Irma,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Much better this time Irma - well done.

Canon stuff.

I really want to learn about Product Photography

Can anyone recommend any books , videos or tutorials etc. ?

nia... White background is always very difficult but it is very useful for catalogs... That is why I did it on white....

Thanks Chris... Smile Great to see that you are back!!

Saeed... One of the fundamental things in this kind of photography is lighting... there are a lot of books, websites and blogs with information about this topic. What kind of gear you have? what have you done about photography so far? maybe if you give more information about yourself...

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Aug 14, 2016, 00:00
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 8, 2013, 10:10