Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just a try...

I was wondering if you had any comment about this try... I like a lot the background and I want to represent a mixture of sea (by the waves) and fields (by the colors) in a kind of landscape idea.... I found that I needed a point... but I am not so sure about my postprocessing.... The red was brighter but I felt shy I guess, and I darkened it a bit, also because I think in this way I see they belong together, more relation even in colors...

Please feel free to express what you think about this idea...

I'd appreciate it a lot... Smile

[Image: IMG_2503-Edit-Edit.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Dear Irma, how you got this photograph, you did by your camera, didn't you... This is an abstract one. But to be honest not giving an image of sea and waves... it is much more land, hills, fields... maybe for the sea my eyes are looking for some blueness... But I loved it, it is like a painting and as I said, an abstract creative work. It doesn't photographically hits, but it hits as a art of painting... (sorry for my language I try to express my thoughts)

Thank you, as always it was so nice,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Irma, I like the idea a lot. However, I think that the red should not have a harsh outline, but rather it show have a watercolor flow to go with the background. I would also like to see something a bit bigger. I like the tone down red, although I am looking at it on a laptop monitor tghat has never been color managed.

Take care

Pavel

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Thanks nia.. Smile I am very happy you see the landscape... Wink

Yes I did it with my camera, in fact, this is a corner of a beautiful abstract picture with glass (I don't know why I remember Toad here... Smile ) I took it last year, but the textures and flow of this corner made me think of working this idea.

Pavel,
I worked with the edges a bit thinking that it was the thing that made the picture look patchy... but you gave me a great idea!! I have some spots on paper I did with coffe for some textures ... I will see if it works... Smile

Thanks a lot! I didn't expect your comment. It was a great surprise! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Very impressive. I liked it as soon as I saw it. I see fields and dark clouds and a single autumn leaf. Sorry for not having anything of more substance to say...

I like everything about it apart from the red...it is just to different to the rest of the image for me. But then I am not very good at viewing these types of things and the opinion is worth just what you paid for it Big Grin

That interpretation of yours, Toad, is very moving... I like it a lot... Smile Thanks for your comment...

Thanks Craig for your comment, it is a different picture, indeed... Smile

Sorry I haven't worked in this picture because I am still working on my web site... there is still a lot to do.... Sad

Paul Cezanne

It is like a postcard, with the stamp at the wrong side.
I saw a wrong coloured sun on a strange wave, at first glance.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks NT for sharing your interpretation of my picture... I never thought about a postcard in this one, but yes! it looks like that... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I tried again with this picture. I worked with a stain of coffee I did time ago and had it as a texture. I think the image and my technique in some way improved.

[Image: 43_IMG_2503-Edit-Edit.jpg]

I like this post processing because it opens a lot more possibilities in my post processing. I see that all colors fall a bit in the warm area but still I think by brightness of the stain makes good contrast.

Paul Cezanne