Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best bit of accessory gear I have bought ever.

I have been using a spider holster for the last month and absolutely love it. What's more the customer service is second to none.

I shared some issues I was having with the belt and they immediately replaced the belt even though it was fixable at my end.

Here is a link if you don't know what I am talking about:

http://www.spiderholster.com/

Highly recommended.

Canon stuff.

I took a look at this and it looks pretty cool - but their website would really gain from a few still photos showing the thing in action. To actually find out what it is like or how you use it, you have to sit through 3 minutes of video. Never did see how the holster works - I assume that it is a padded surface to rest a DSLR against.

Great detail - but it needs an executive summary. If you hadn't praised the product, I would never have sat through those videos just to find out what the system is all about. If you have a photo or 2 of the product actually being used, I would like to see them.

Looks very interesting! I might see if I can get my hands on a review unit... Big Grin

I wonder whether it's comfortable for prolonged use - i.e. whether having a 1.5 - 2kg load hanging from one side of your hip is going to be bothersome after a while...

I have used it for 8 hours at a wedding three times now and have never felt it uncomfortable (1D4 with 70-200 2.8 IS and 580 flash - over 2.5 kgs in weight). The metal holster is sturdy and very well designed. I feel like a kid playing in an elevator as I keep pulling my camera out of the holster and dropping it back in Smile

Three of the photographers who work for me have now purchased one as well as one of my other mates in the industry.

I also use the holster just with a normal belt to hang my LX3 on. You just put the pin straight into the tripod hole and it sits there next to your hip without you even noticing it.

My arms and shoulders don't feel tired anymore - even after an 8 hour shoot.

Canon stuff.

Wow, a pretty good endorsement then, especially from someone who uses a camera (literally) all day long. Thanks for bringing it to my attention... Big Grin

Ok - here is a shot one of my assistants took of me and it shows the spider in action with my heaviest piece of kit hanging off it.

Note how it still clears the ground even in a crouch.
[Image: DSC_4555.jpg]

Canon stuff.

Cool - that is a better action shot than they show on their web site - now I can see how it works.

Just saw something similar called the b-grip from omega brandness... although I'm not sure how easy the quick release action is, compared to the spider holster.

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/omeg...grip_line/

[Image: b-grip-312x273.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post