Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zig's Blog

Under my alter ego "doverow", I've started a blog here Zig's Blog
It's got thoughts, opinions, poems(real ones, that I've rewritten over since the 1980s onwards), the odd photo...but it's not a blog about any one thing, just everything and nothing.
Some of it might be of some interest to some of you some of the time...yet again...!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Hmm. Interesting stuff (as I imagined it would be). Always a pleasure to read your musings. Even when they are about subjects that I'm not particularly interested in, they are always amusingly presented and skillfully crafted.

I've added your blog to my reading list.

From Tom Stoppard:
Guil: A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself.
Ros: Or just as mad.
Guil: Or just as mad.
Ros: And he does both.
Guil: So there you are.
Ros: Stark raving sane.

That's always been one of my favourite exchanges from one of my favourite english-language plays. I'm not sure why it's in my mind right now. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:Stark raving sane...
Don't I wish that were so?

Bah. The addition of company effectively ruins a midlife crisis.

Big Grin

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks for sharing the link to your blog Zig... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thank you! (I was honestly not expecting that anyone would read it)
I've just posted something ostensibly seasonal, entitled Fear and Humbug...

Quote:I've just posted something ostensibly seasonal, entitled Fear and Humbug...
I read this post yesterday Zig, and I liked it... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

A bit deep for me at the moment, but with time after Christmas , who knows. I may even begin to understand some of it. Big Grin

Years ago we used to get a free Readers Digest Magazine. It contained a regular article "It pays to increase your word power" but gave maybe, only three words a month.
I could have done with a weekly or daily mag then. Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Apr 4, 2013, 06:46