Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gaffer!

I've been reading a lot on other forum about people gaffering their equipment.

Do you do so?

As in sealing it up with tape?

Gaffering it for what reason? Bondage freaks?

To disguise it so that it doesn't look stealable.
And when it's time to sell, they take the gaffer off which leaves no residue or stickiness, and it looks brand new (if they gaffered it when it was new)
haha Big Grin

Thats rather freaky Adam, what kind of strange people would wander around with gaffered gear?

asian people....

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

adam Wrote:To disguise it so that it doesn't look stealable.
And when it's time to sell, they take the gaffer off which leaves no residue or stickiness, and it looks brand new (if they gaffered it when it was new)
haha Big Grin

Gaffa tape (the cloth version) DOES leave a residue. As far as I know all tapes will leave a residue when left on for a sufficiently long time. It's possible to remove the residue using stuff like WD40, or Orange Power spray, etc, but I don't know if you wanna go spraying that sort of stuff around your cameras... :|

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I tried that with my mother-in-law.

Unfortunately, I havent had time to go round and free her yet. Big Grin

Cave canem

lmao @ rufus, might need to take a 64 gallon drum of WD40 with you haha

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Too Late for my Drebel.... dropped it in the first week... but then all my cameras have battle scars Tongue

IMO some people will steal anything - not sure that gaffer tape will stop them.

The camera will probably stick out more, all gaffa'd up... Smile

I guess you could take other precautions too, like having a generic bag instead of "CANON" emblazoned on it; Also not having a bright red / white CANON strap; also, not carrying a white bazooka L series lens everywhere you go... Smile

Its funny that we only talked about gaffer tape the other day. On Friday I had an accident coming up a set of stairs and sent a camera flying. I broke the battery compartment catch and end up with quite a few scratches on the body, lens and flash. So now I'm sporting a big strip of gaffer tape to hold the battery in!