Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are you reading?

Both photographically and in general as well.

I've almost finished "Low-cost high-impact photography" by Steve Johnson, which I picked up as a free ebook from Amazon. His main argument is that you don't need fancy equipment to create stunning images - just know the principles and how to apply them with what you've got. In fact most of his examples are taken with a low end Canon A3100IS.

He shares some tips and techniques and aesthetics to help. And while I think some of his images are less than stunning, I am inspired by his philosophy and approach - which partly inspired the other thread on accessibility and the craft of photography.

Apart from that I'm on the last few pages of the venerable "The Color of Magic" by Pratchett. What a romp! What imagination! Smile

This thread at the moment. Rolleyes

Then 'Spies of Sobek ' Paul Doherty. Ancient Egyptian fiction. Cool

Homer & Odyssey Struggling a bit with those two. Dodgy

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Djibouti by Elmore Leonard.

Recently finished the 5 books of "A Song of Ice and Fire" which are a very good option the next time you want to read 5000 pages.

Toad Wrote:Recently finished the 5 books of "A Song of Ice and Fire" which are a very good option the next time you want to read 5000 pages.

I read them a whole back before they were popularised by the tv series and I must say that I was simultaneously enthralled by frustrated by those fantastic plot lines that branched outwards and never seemed to converge. Epic scope and writing though...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by pamb
Aug 16, 2007, 03:05