Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slight problem with copying.

Slight problem with copying . I intended to copy one photo but I must have hit something wrong as the mac started copying 9,800 photo's. I managed to stop it,(probably not the correct way) but now It won't let me send the 9,500 photo files most of which which have '0 bytes' for some reason, to the trash without a message coming up saying another application is using these files. So I am resorting to selecting a page full and then clicking the requisite number of times on the 'continue' in the warning box.
I am down to 6,500 now and my pleasure finger (the one I use to count my money) is worn out.
Also the Trash wont open on to the desktop like it should.

Any suggestions? or should I pay an Apple techie. ( My warranty has run out.)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hmm... have you tried rebooting?

I'd hate to wear out the mouse or your finger (or both)... Big Grin

Jules is right. Rebooting will close that pesky deleting program which is out in lala land somewhere and allow you to delete the 0 byte photos.

Does a shut down do the same as a reboot.
If so then that has not worked.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hmm yeah it should be the same. The other thing you can try is staring up disk utility, and fix disk permissions. Fingers crossed... Big Grin

(Mar 14, 2012, 04:49)shuttertalk Wrote:  Hmm yeah it should be the same. The other thing you can try is staring up disk utility, and fix disk permissions. Fingers crossed... Big Grin

Thanks Julian. Restart has fixed the missing trash, (that opens on desktop now) but not the O byte files. I will try disc permissions .

In one of the log files it says 'something is Forked'. I wonder if it means I am Blush Big Grin

I wonder if it is time to put the PC to bed, and buy an abacus. Rolleyes

Lumix LX5.

Wiped them all out manually, so hopefully the problem is gone.

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by cuilin
Jul 14, 2015, 05:22
Last Post by nia
Mar 16, 2012, 00:35